To engage the community in a fun and creative way with arts and craft sessions. Designing and leading sessions using creative skills such as crafting, drawing or crochet. This role can be undertaken flexibly across all Oldham Libraries sites.
1. Meeting and greeting customers
2. Planning and delivering arts/crafts sessions, letting your named supervisor know of any support or materials you may require to run your session
3. Assisting in the process of collecting evaluation forms and encouraging feedback from participants in your session
4. Helping to keep the library environment tidy following craft sessions
5. Engaging with customers and encouraging them to join the library
Why get involved?
1. Enthusiasm and creativity
2. A willingness to lead and take ownership of an arts and craft session
3. A patient and approachable manner
4. Good communication skills
5. A reliable, confident and responsible approach.
6. The ability to cope with the duties and responsibilities of the role and the associated environment, including an understanding of Health and Safety.
7. The ability to follow guidelines/instructions.
8. A basic understanding of how the Library Service operates.
9. An interest in promoting reading and learning for children and young people.
Then share your skills and make a real difference to your community!
How to get involved?
Volunteers can apply to design and lead a session individually or in small groups.
Accept the challenge and a member of our volunteering team will be in touch.
- Customer Service
- Design & Illustration
- Event Management
- Working with Children 0-5yrs
- Working with Children 6 - 12yrs
- Community Work
- Creative and Arts
- Event & Project Management
- Events and Programming
- Learning and Education
- Teaching and Training
- Visitor Service/ Front of House