Volunteer at the library for your Duke of Edinburgh award. It can involve everyday library task such as the classic shelving books, however we encourage our volunteers to take part in events ranging from story times to virtual reality adventures. If you have a hobby that could be turned into an activity, we are more than happy to assist in creating an event that you can lead, you could be a talented artist, speak a foreign language, a dancer or something completely different. Just let us know and we will try to accommodate you.
- Meeting and greeting.
- Offering customers building orientation covering all areas.
- Helping customers with the self-service facilities.
- Help customers to find books and direct them to the shelves.
- Supporting events through manning membership and ticket table.
- Refer library users who require more detailed assistance to library staff.
- Assisting in the process of collecting evaluation forms and encouraging feedback from participant.
- Promoting and helping with library events and activities, including bespoke library events during festivals and key promotions.
Why get involved?
Through a DofE programme young people have fun, make friends, improve their self-esteem and build confidence. They gain essential skills and attributes for work and life and are able to enhance uni and job applications through their work experience.
How to get involved?
To apply for this opportunity just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Sign in to your account or join 'Take Part' to create a volunteer account.
Step 2: Accept the challenge.
Step 3: Await a response from our team who will be in touch with more information.
- Customer Service
- Event Stewarding
- Working with Children 0-5yrs
- Working with Children 6 - 12yrs
- Community Work
- Events and Programming
- Learning and Education