Warm places are a network of community spaces across Oldham Borough where people can go to get warm, stay warm, have a free hot drink, and some company if they want it. From these warm places people can be signposted to additional support, as well as taking part in other activities at the venue. Warm places are open to all; whatever reason people have for coming in, they are treated with dignity, respect, and never judged.
Volunteers play an important part assisting in the day-to-day running of the warm place, providing a friendly and supportive service, to ensure that those who attend feel comfortable, identifying when additional support may be required and signposting appropriately.
Tasks the volunteer will be required to do:
• Welcoming people into the warm place and supporting them to feel comfortable and relaxed
• Supporting with preparing the warm place to be ready for visitors prior to opening, and also with tidying once the warm place has closed
• Making and serving refreshments (hot drinks, toast etc.)
• Providing company and a listening ear to those who want it
• Supporting with the delivery of group activities
• Developing a knowledge of locally available services to signpost people for additional support
• Escalate any concerns or uncertainty to a member of staff
• To show understanding and strict adherence to the policies and procedures of the warm place i.e. information governance, equality and diversity, safeguarding, health & safety, fire safety, lone working.
Training will be provided..
Why get involved?
Support your community, meet new people and develop your knowledge of locally available services.
How to get involved?
Select; Accept Challenge and you will be contacted with more information about this role.
- Customer Service
- Community Work