World Oceans Day 2020
Celebrate World Oceans Day and meet a real life mermaid!
Dr Steve Barnacle from the Mermaid Research Institute has recorded a special message and introduces you to his friend Annette...
Watch the video and have a go at the World Oceans Day quiz!
Watch Dr Barnacle's video in the following link https://youtu.be/uXyrNFhgA7U
World Oceans Day Quiz
Test your knowledge and search online for the answers to these 10 questions.
- What is the largest ocean on Earth?
- What year was World Oceans Day established?
- How many known species are found in the ocean?
- List 10 of these species-which are your favourite?
- How many pieces of plastic are found in the ocean?
- How many species around the world are harmed by plastic in the ocean?
- What percentage of the Earth’s water is in the oceans?
- How much oxygen that we breathe does the ocean produce?
- What are the top 6 items that pollute and are found on beaches?
- How many people rely on seafood as their main source of protein?
Why get involved?
Enjoy entertainment from Fairly Famous Family street theatre and learn more about our oceans and World Oceans Day!
How to get involved?
Step 1: Log in to your Take part account
Step 2 : Accept the challenge so we know you are taking part!
Step 3: Post your findings on social media using the #takepartoldham #loveOldham
- Working with Children 6 - 12yrs
- Community Work
- Learning and Education
- Curatorial/Working with Museum Collection