To help alongside staff to welcome and support audience members during live@thelibrary events, ensuring productions run smoothly whilst looking after the audience.
- Welcome audience members to events, guiding them to seats in the performance space or other parts of the Centre.
- To check customer tickets on entry to the performance space.
- Being the first point of contact for any audience enquiries or requests for information.
- To assist, if required, with serving refreshments.
- To sit within the performance space at show times and be on hand to offer assistance.
- To assist with issuing and collecting event evaluations.
- To assist the Duty Manager, a member of staff, with fire and health & safety procedure in order to minimize the risk of injury and accident.
- To attend show and event briefings led by the Duty Manager at the start of every volunteering shift.
- To be an active ambassador for the library service and an advocate for live@thelibrary in general.
Why get involved?
This is a great opportunity for anyony who wants to gain valuble work experience in event planning, libraries and the performing arts. We are able to offer references to support anyone using this volunteering opportunity to further their prospects.
How to get involved?
To apply for this opportunity just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Sign in to your account or join 'Take Part' to create a volunteer account
Step 2: Accept the challenge
Step 3: Await a response from our team who will be in touch with more information.
- Event Management
- Event Stewarding
- Working with Children 0-5yrs
- Working with Children 6 - 12yrs
- Visitor Service/ Front of House